update of elements in GUI

Jah_Alarm jah.alarm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 00:07:09 EDT 2010

hi, I've already asked this question but so far the progress has been
small.

I'm running Tkinter. I have some elements on the screen (Labels, most
importantly) which content has to be updated every iteration of the
algorithm run, e.g. "Iteration =" [i] for i in range(n), n=100. I'm
using the update_idletasks() command in the function itself after the
variable.set(...) command. The variable type is IntVar(), and the
mistake I'm getting is 'IntVar instance has no attribute
'update_idletasks'. No updates are displayed, of course.

Without the GUI the algorithm (it's a genetic algorithm) is working
fine, but I need to make it available to other people via GUI

cheers,

Alex