79 chars or more?

AK andrei.avk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 22:35:49 EDT 2010

As monitors are getting bigger, is there a general change in opinion on
the 79 chars limit in source files? I've experimented with 98 characters
per line and I find it quite a bit more comfortable to work with that
length, even though sometimes I have to edit files in 80 width
terminals, it's still easier to adapt to some inconvenience when that
happens than the other way around, since about 95% of time or more, I do
use wider editor window or terminal.

Is going over 79 still a terrible thing to do?  -andrei