Running pygtk app under windows.

Sebastian Alonso alon.sebastian at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 19:45:52 EDT 2010

   Hey everyone, I'm trying to be able to run my app, which uses pygtk,
under windows, but unfortunately I'm having big problems with it. The main
purpose of this is to later on make an .exe file but i havent even been able
to run the app at least.

    I've followed every single step from this faq
http://faq.pygtk.org/index.py?file=faq21.001.htp&req=show and when i try to
run the example the example they offer I get this:

"Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
    import gtk
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\gtk-2.0\gtk\__init__.py", line 30, in
<module>
    import gobject as _gobject
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\gtk-2.0\gobject\__init__.py", line 26,
in <module>
    from glib import spawn_async, idle_add, timeout_add,
timeout_add_seconds, \
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\gtk-2.0\glib\__init__.py", line 22, in
<module>
    from glib._glib import *
ImportError: DLL load failed: Specified module cannot be found."

    Do you have any clue on what could be happening ? I've tried most of the
things you would expect to make anything work on windows, reboot, unistall
everything and re-install everything again, yet it wont work...

Thanks in advanced.

Seba