Python XML and tables using math

flebber flebber.crue at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 23:30:02 EDT 2010

I am looking at a project that will import and modify an XML file and
then export it to a table. Currently a flat file table system should
be fine.

I want to export the modified data to the table and then perform a
handful of maths(largely simple statistical functions) to the data and
then print out the resultant modified tables.

I was planning on using Python 2.7 for the project.

Has anyone used a guide to acheive something similar? I would like to
read up on it so I can assess my options and best methods, any hints
or tips?