GUI automation tool (windows)

Alex Barna alex.lavoro.propio at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 08:10:19 EDT 2010

I know that this question has been asked for several times, but it
surprises that there is no tool under very active development and the
community activities are very low (mailing list posts).

All the tools listed in:

http://pycheesecake.org/wiki/PythonTestingToolsTaxonomy#GUITestingTools

Comparing with AutoIt (www.autoitscript.com), it has tens to hundreds
of posts everyday. AutoIt uses a proprietary BASIC -like language, and
to be honest, I don't like it and I prefer a Pythonic solution.

pywinauto seems to be the best choice but the community has been very
low also. The same happens in pyguiunit, pyAA, WATSUP, all development
seem to be ceased.

So what happens to this field (Windows GUI automation) ?