ooolib, reading writing a spread sheet and keep formatting

News123 news1234 at free.fr
Thu Apr 29 15:58:10 EDT 2010

cjw wrote:
> On 28-Apr-10 23:18 PM, Kushal Kumaran wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 5:46 AM, News123<news1234 at free.fr>  wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm making first attempts to modify a few cells of an openoffice
>>> spreadsheet.
>>>

>> Try the xlrd and xlwt modules, and the documentation at
>> http://www.python-excel.org/
> The tutorial here is beautifully done:
>
> http://python-excel.googlegroups.com/web/python-excel.pdf?gda=68Un3kIAAABrjVmXvI2FnKbK79o6Y1oCuHLcf1VKsaM-EVGjvOiGtNXEtWX7y7b6ByPnawQ3OxpV4u3aa4iAIyYQIqbG9naPgh6o8ccLBvP6Chud5KMzIQ

I agree, Reading the documentation you get very quickly an overview of
what can be done.

> Does it fly with .ods files?

It works only with xls, but as OpenOffice can read and write xls this
wouldn't be a problem for me.

However:

I'd like to read in a spreadsheet, perform only minor modifications and
write it back with the exact formatting. this is unfortunately not working.