building python 3 -- _dbm necessary bits

James Mills prologic at shortcircuit.net.au
Thu Apr 29 13:44:26 EDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 3:00 AM, Mark Olbert
<ChairmanMAO at newsgroups.nospam> wrote:
> Okay. But I compiled & installed gdbm from source obtained from the gnu archive, so I presume the necessary files would be included
> (this is on a linux system).

Perhaps check where gdbm has installed it's development sources
and whether or not the python build scripts can pick it up ? (./configure)

Also maybe check ./configure options (maybe you're system is different) ?

Without knowing more about your system I can't offer any further useful advise.

--james