running .py files on Linux

Chris Rebert crebert at ucsd.edu
Tue Apr 27 11:34:17 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 8:12 AM, Tingting HAN <hihighsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, another person in our lab solved it by using the command:
> python2.5 configuration.py
> I do not know exactly why python2.6 in my computer does not work. The code
> packet I dowloaded was was made in 2007, so maybe old versions of python
> should work.

That's unsurprising. As stated in the bug, the problem is related to a
language change that happened in Python 2.6; obviously using an older
version of Python would "fix" that, although you're stuck without the
other niceties of v2.6 over v2.5, and without whatever bug fixes have
been applied to PyTables since the version you're using.

At any rate, glad you got it working.

Cheers,
Chris
--