Download Proprietary Microsoft Products Now

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 18:41:30 EDT 2010

On Apr 26, 12:16 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l... at geek-
central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> Just been looking at this review of Visual Studio 2010
> <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04/26/blowing_bubbtles/>:
>
>     ... the 2GB ISO was quicker to download than it was to install - not
>     even counting the several reboots required.
>
> Since when do you need to REBOOT just to install a development environment?

Sure beats having to recompile a kernel to support 3rd party audio
drivers. But YMMV.

Although I agree, moving away from VS would be nice. Since Unladen
Swallow will eventually be merged with Python, will the dev team
consider trying out Clang as an alternative to VS?