problem when running .py file

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Apr 23 22:23:12 EDT 2010

En Fri, 23 Apr 2010 18:43:41 -0300, Tingting HAN <hihighsky at gmail.com>
escribió:

> I first apologize that I am totally new for python. I have downloaded a
> code
> packet “triMC3D” from online, and within it there is a file
> “configuration.py”.I downloaded and installed python and some related
> packages, tried very hard, but there is still the following error:
>

> the  Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "E:\TingTing\triMC3D-1.0.0\python\configuration.py", line 8, in ?
>     from tables import *
>   File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\tables\__init__.py", line 31, in ?
>     from tables.utilsExtension import getPyTablesVersion, getHDF5Version
> ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be
> found.

Looks like some dependecies are incomplete. triMC3D home page at
http://trimc3d.et.tudelft.nl/index.php?n=Main.Installation says:

"triMC3D depends on several libraries in order to be built:

   libhdf5 and libhdf5_hl
   libgsl
   an MPI implementation, like mpich2, in order to compile the parallel
version

Furthermore, python 2.x and packages pytables, scipy, VTK and
numarray/numpy are extensively used for model preparation and
post-processing of simulation data."

Did you install all of them?

triMC3D doesn't appear to be widely used, so better ask the author for
further advice.

--
Gabriel Genellina