Calling multiple programs with subprocess

News123 news1234 at free.fr
Thu Apr 22 18:09:17 EDT 2010

Hi  Amit,

As far as I know you can't really do this with subprocess,
because  wrenv.exe and make would be called in different contexts.
THus wrenve.exe couldn't change the environment.

just try following:
- create a .bat file with both commands in it
- verify, that the bat file works
- call the bat file with Popen

However I am surprised, that a .exe file can modify the current environment.
At least under linux this wouldn't be possible  (except with sourcing a
shell script)

Or do you mean with "setting up the proper environment" creating some
intermediate files?

bye