scipy error undefined symbol: lsame_

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 15:16:09 EDT 2010

On 4/19/10 12:15 PM, gerardob wrote:

> I installed scipy (and all the required libraries) and the following error
> appears when i tried run a simple example which uses the optimize package of
> scipy. I tried also numpy alone and it works ( at least for printing
> numpy.array([10,20,10]))
>
> error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "main_test.py", line 2, in<module>
>      from scipy import optimize
>    File
> "/home/gberbeglia/python/Python-2.6.5/lib/python2.6/site-packages/scipy/optimize/__init__.py",
> line 11, in<module>
>      from lbfgsb import fmin_l_bfgs_b
>    File
> "/home/gberbeglia/python/Python-2.6.5/lib/python2.6/site-packages/scipy/optimize/lbfgsb.py",
> line 30, in<module>
>      import _lbfgsb
> ImportError:
> /home/gberbeglia/python/Python-2.6.5/lib/python2.6/site-packages/scipy/optimize/_lbfgsb.so:
> undefined symbol: lsame_

This is a FORTRAN symbol. It means that this extension module was not
linked correctly to the FORTRAN standard library appropriate for your
system.

If you need more help, please ask scipy questions on the scipy mailing list.

   http://www.scipy.org/Mailing_Lists

--
Robert Kern

  that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though
it had
  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco