Download Visual Studio Express 2008 now

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 07:51:57 EDT 2010

On 04/13/10 06:36, Martin v. Loewis wrote:
> Microsoft has just released Visual Studio 2010, along with its free (of
> charge) Express edition. Following a tradition, they are likely to
> withdraw support and availability for VS 2008 Express some time in the
> future.

If only Python could do that, just pull the plug out and not offer
archaic versions for download. If that has been the tradition all along
probably people would be rushing to download Python 3 when it's hot and
porting all their code in fear of using a no longer supported compiler
instead of complaining how they're still using python 1.5 and now
there's python 3.0 breaking compatibility.

I guess I'm glad that whatever python program I wrote now would still be
easily runnable with no change in twenty years or so.