py2exe and msvcp90.dll

Joaquin Abian gatoygata2 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 16:45:26 EDT 2010

On Apr 15, 6:19 am, Alex Hall <mehg... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am still fighting with py2exe; I keep getting "error: msvcp90.dll:
> no such file or directory" right after it says it is searching for
> required dlls. I have followed the py2exe tutorial, though, and I am
> not sure why it is not finding the dlls, which are in both
> c:\windows\system32 and in mainFolder/dlls, where mainFolder is the
> main folder of my project, containing setup.py. Here is my setup file:
>
> from distutils.core import setup
> import py2exe
> from glob import glob
> data_files=[("Microsoft.VC90.CRT", glob(r'c:\arm\dlls\*.*'))]
> setup(data_files=data_files, console=['main.pyw'])
>
> Of course, the location to glob is hard-coded. Also, I do not intend
> this to have any console. Can I just omit the console argument? I
> leave it in for now since the tutorial seems to indicate that such a
> file is necessary, but I do not want to have one eventually. Thanks in
> advance, as always! Oh, the entire source is athttp://www.gateway2somewhere.com/sw/sw.zip
> as it usually is (and this time, I tested the link!).
>
> --
> Have a great day,
> Alex (msg sent from GMail website)
> mehg... at gmail.com;http://www.facebook.com/mehgcap

Did you already checked http://stackoverflow.com/questions/323424/py2exe-fails-to-generate-an-executable
and the links there?.

I am a heavy user of py2exe in winxp with python2.5. It works great
producing single executables  with matplotlib, wxpython, and others.

Please report if you get your problem fixed. Sure will be helpful for
everybody

Luck

Joaquin