Write web apps in Python?

Gilles Ganault nospam at nospam.com
Thu Apr 15 12:19:20 EDT 2010

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 12:41:56 +0200, Bruno Desthuilliers
<bruno.42.desthuilliers at websiteburo.invalid> wrote:
>The PHP execution model (mostly based on CGI FWIW) tends to be a bit
>unpractical for non-trivial applications since you have to rebuild the
>whole world for each and any incoming request, while with a long-running
>process, you load all your libs, parse your config etc only once.

Apart from the ease of having the application run at all times, I'd be
curious to read about an application that was written in PHP and then
a long-running process and see if performance improved.

Regardless, Python has an easier syntax, so AFAIC, that's already a
good enough reason to use this to write web apps.