Creating a standalone application

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Apr 14 06:06:14 EDT 2010

En Wed, 14 Apr 2010 06:10:59 -0300, Luis Quesada
<luis.omar.quesada.ramirez at gmail.com> escribió:

> On Apr 14, 6:31 am, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-... at yahoo.com.ar>
> wrote:
>> En Tue, 13 Apr 2010 18:02:07 -0300, Luis Quesada <l.ques... at 4c.ucc.ie>
>> escribi :
>>
>> > I am getting an "expected string without null bytes" error when using
>> > cxfreeze for creating a standalone application (in Linux-Ubuntu). >
>> None > of my files has null bytes.

> This is what I get now:
> compiling cx_Freeze__init__
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/cx_Freeze/finder.py", line 260,
> in _LoadModule
>     module.code = compile(fp.read() + "\n", path, "exec")
> TypeError: compile() expected string without null bytes
>
> Now I even more confused since it seems the problem is taking place
> when trying cx_Freeze__init__ ....

Yes, looks like a problem within cx_Freeze itself. Sorry, I cannot be of
more help, I don't use the tool myself.

Try asking in the project's mailing list
<http://cx-freeze.sourceforge.net>, I think you may get more specific help
there. (Also, try using the latest cx_Freeze release, this may have been
already fixed).

--
Gabriel Genellina