python as pen and paper substitute

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 17:53:16 EDT 2010

On 04/06/2010 12:40 PM, Manuel Graune wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am looking for ways to use a python file as a substitute for simple
> pen and paper calculations. At the moment I mainly use a combination
> of triple-quoted strings, exec and print (Yes, I know it's not exactly
> elegant).

This isn't quite along the lines that this thread is going, but it seems
to me that a program like "reinteract" is about what I want to replace a
pen and paper with a python-based thing.  Last time I used it, it was
buggy, but if this concept was developed, it would totally rock:

http://fishsoup.net/software/reinteract/