s-expression parser in python

Patrick Maupin pmaupin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 20:15:48 EDT 2010

On Apr 6, 7:02 pm, James Stroud <nospamjstroudmap... at mbi.ucla.edu>
wrote:

I have a parser/emitter I wrote about 4 years ago for EDIF.  Take a
look at the wikipedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EDIF

If that is close to you want, I can send it to you.  The whole parser/
emitter/XML round-tripper etc. is only 500 lines, which includes a
bunch of comments.  Tiny.

I've never made a project out of it, but it worked fine for me and a
friend.  (I have a testbench, but unfortunately the test data is
proprietary.)

But, I have to take this opportunity to put in a plug for a file
format I created for configuration files.  It's secure (no eval
statements), it's much lighter weight than YAML, and it looks better
too:

http://code.google.com/p/rson/wiki/Manual

Please let me know if you'd like the edif code.

Best regards,
Pat