Recommend Commercial graphing library

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Tue Apr 6 14:31:26 EDT 2010

On 2010-04-06, Duncan Booth <duncan.booth at invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Grant Edwards <invalid at invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Seriously, most of the graphs I've seen in "presentations" would make
>> Ed Tufte spin in his grave.
>
> http://flowingdata.com/2010/03/20/powerpoint-and-dying-kittens/

:)

Years ago I was walking past a marketing guy's cube, and on his cube
wall he had Minard's famous "Napolean's March" graph that Tufte so
admired.  I asked him if he had read Tufte's book "The Visual Display
of Quantitative Information" (in which the graph appears).  He replied
that no he hadn't read Tufte's book -- he'd gotten that graph from a
power-point-driven lecture in some MBA class or other.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I'm rated PG-34!!
                                  at