pynotify for python 3.1.. Help Please..

Jebagnana Das jebagnanadas at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 07:44:41 EDT 2010

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately pynotify is not available as a .py
file but as an .so (shared library) file. In both python 2.5 and 2.6
installations it can be found at
/var/lib/python-support/python2.x/gtk-2.0/pynotify/__init__.py ,
_pynotify.so.

          I think it was written in native c or c++ which is then converted
to a shared library to use with python.. Unless the source code in c is
available, we can't port it to python 3.. I can't find the authors name or
any license agreement there..
By luck if any of the authors of pynotify here please answer me..

         When will the .so for python3 will be released?

         or Is there any alternate way of achieving this??

Regards,
Jeba.

Xav : You can simply call me as jeba.

Hi Jebamnana,