Open Source Pivot table (OLAP cube?)

Laszlo Nagy gandalf at shopzeus.com
Tue Apr 27 05:10:17 EDT 2010

  Hi All,

I'm planning to create a new visual component for wxPython, for
designing, creating and printing pivot tables. Also known as: decision
cube, OLAP cube. I was searching on the internet for something similar,
but I could not find any open source version (or free to use, at least).
The only available free program was jmagallanes (
http://jmagallanes.sourceforge.net/en/ ) but it is a stand alone
application. I would like to create something that has Python bindings
(more preferably, written in Python and is extensible).

Before I start on this project, can you please confirm that there is no
such thing available? I do not want to work on something that is already
there.

Thanks,

   Laszlo