Tkinter question

Rotwang sg552 at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Apr 21 06:45:02 EDT 2010

Apologies in advance if this is a totally stupid question, I've tried
looking at the Tkinter documentation on the web but since I'm something
of an ignoramus when it comes to programming generally I didn't
understand what I was reading. Anyway...

I've written a module that allows me to manipulate sound data, and I've
been trying to add a method to my sound class that shows me what a
waveform looks like while I'm working on it in IDLE. After reading a bit
about Tkinter, and via some trial and error, I came up with something a
bit like this:

def draw(self, w, h):
	out = Tkinter.Canvas(width = w, height = h)
	# a load of out.create_line(...)'s go here
	out.pack()
	out.mainloop()

It works, but the problem is that I can't do anything else with IDLE
until I close the image window. Is there a way around this, so that I
can leave the image open while I continue to do other stuff?