Reactive programming in Python ?

pca pcarbonn at yooper.be
Fri Apr 16 11:18:28 EDT 2010

Dear all,

Could “reactive programming” still increase the productivity and joy
of Python programming?  I’d like to hear your thoughts on the idea
that object-oriented “programming by formula”, as in a spreadsheet,
would simplify our work, because we would not have to worry about the
sequence of program execution anymore.

In fact, I have seeded an open-source project, Yoopf, that enables
programming by formula within Python, with the goal of dramatically
accelerating the development of the model view in the MVC model.
Declarative-style programming has accelerated the development of the
presentation layer (with HTML, CSS) and the Database layer (with SQL),
so why not take advantage of it for the Business Logic layer too?

You can find more information on this project at www.yoopf.org.  Your
comments are more than welcome!

Best regards,
P. Carbonnelle