Tempering Client Expectations (OT)

Victor Subervi victorsubervi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 12:10:00 EDT 2010

Hi;
I'm working with my first client where I've developed a custom script. I way
underbid the project and I ate that as part of my learning experience. We
outlined as precisely as I knew how what functionality was needed. Then he
went to input data and lo and behold he needed more functionality. I told
him that would require more investment. This went on a few times and now
he's hopping mad about being nickeled and dimed to death. I bet this sounds
familiar to you all, doesn't it? Good thing he's also a personal friend...we
will survive this. But this red flag has caught my attention. Any good
articles out there (or other advice) on how to deal with a situation like
this?
TIA,
beno