Python book

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 15:28:30 EDT 2009

>>On Sep 30, 4:58 am, "lallous" <lall... at lgwm.org> wrote:
>>
>> Can anyone suggest a good book Python book for advancing from beginner level?
>> (I started with Learning Python 3rd ed)
>
> From: James Matthews <nyt...ail.com >
> Date: Wed Sep 30 18:47:58 CEST 2009
>
> I like core python programming and dive into python.

hi Elias, and welcome to Python! thanks for the plug james! this
question is asked somewhat regularly. i addressed it a few years but
most of my reply still applies:
http://www.mail-archive.com/python-list@python.org/msg109993.html

one big difference is that Alan Gauld's tutorial is now located at
http://www.alan-g.me.uk ... another difference is that a good number
of ultra-beginner (new to programming not just Python) books have come
on the market as well. finally, i created a DVD + PowerPoint version
of Core Python called "Python Fundamentals" if you want to watch video
presentations on topics in addition to reading.

if you're also looking to take an intensive Python training course
that will take you beyond beginner status, i'm offering one in about
6-7 weeks (near San Francisco) where i'll *give* you a copy of Core
Python :-) ... and speaking of which, i'm actually starting to
research what it would take to bring the book to a 3rd edition and
soliciting assistance from the community. more info on both the course
and the next edition here:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/baypiggies/2009-September/005483.html

hope this helps!
-- wesley
"Python Fundamentals", Prentice Hall, (c)2009
    http://corepython.com

wesley.j.chun :: wescpy-at-gmail.com
http://cyberwebconsulting.com