python memory use

TerryP bigboss1964 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 13:31:37 EDT 2009

Honestly, the only performance data involving Java, that would ever
surprise me: is when a Java program takes less time to startup and get
going, then the computer it is being run from did ;).

When planning-ahead for a project, I look at what performance the
language implementations offer, in the light of "Blazingly fast on all
but the extreme cases" or "Fast enough for the job, and still cycles
leftover to toast bread with" like questions; the rest gets more
specific to the problem domain. I have only ever had one main stream
language prove to slow for my needs over the years, and that was
because it was the least optimal use for perl... although I must
admit, I would never want to try software rendering in pure Python (to
what extent that is possible).