UnboundLocalError - (code is short & simple)

New User for_python at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 28 15:57:00 EDT 2009

Thank you for the elaboration, Chris!  I don't have the background to follow your example code.  However, between your summary of the code, and the code examples themselves, I have enough info to get a glimpse of what you're explaining.  Also, I can use the info as a foundation for further study on the matter.

Thanks too for the feedback about the "list."  I'm using a combination of yahoo email (to and from the mailing list) and Google Groups, until I figure out which works best.  Using a Usenet newsreader client is not an option for me at this point.

Martin