Got undefined symbol: _PyUnicodeUCS2_AsDefaultEncodedString on OpenSuSE 11.1

Mark Dickinson dickinsm at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 03:38:43 EDT 2009

On Sep 25, 10:13 pm, Alejandro Valdez <alejandro.val... at gmail.com>
wrote:

> The compiler issued some warnings, two of them (related to Unicode)
> called my attention:
>
> In file included from Python/formatter_unicode.c:13:
> Python/../Objects/stringlib/formatter.h: In function
> ‘unknown_presentation_type’:
> Python/../Objects/stringlib/formatter.h:35: warning: format ‘%c’
> expects type ‘int’, but argument 3 has type ‘Py_UNICODE’

I only see one warning here, not two.  But it should definitely
be fixed.

> Should I ignore them?
>
> Other warning messages:
> [...]

I *think* all of these warnings are benign, though the source should
really be corrected if necessary to silence them (some of them, like
the _struct.c one, have already been fixed in svn).  I'll take a
closer
look at them, though.  Thanks for reporting these!

Mark