Anyone with Experience Using WinTV Capture Cards?

W. eWatson wolftracks at invalid.com
Sun Sep 27 00:58:40 EDT 2009

Tim Roberts wrote:
> "W. eWatson" <wolftracks at invalid.com> wrote:
>
>> W. eWatson wrote:
>>> A friend is looking for some help with how to use Python to access a
>>> WinTV (Go Plus) capture card, and how to display an image from it. Is
>>> there some facility that might help him, or does anyone have experience
>>> with such use that might suggest sources?
>> Win XP OS. Any general methods for dealing with such commercially built
>> capture cards?
>
> Let me Google that for you.
>
>     http://www.lmgtfy.com?q=python+video+capture+windows
>
> Most such devices use DirectShow, so you need a C++ extension.
He's headed down the c++ path now, and MSDN might be a better place to
discover what can be done with Python and WinTV. A google there has
proven fruitful, but my friend will have to determine how fruitful. I'm
waiting for Hauppauge to respond to my request.

His facilities do not allow him to get out to the internet.