Distributing Python-programs to Ubuntu users

Javier Collado javier.collado at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 03:25:15 EDT 2009

Hello,

I recommend you to check this:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/Complete

The best way to release the software to Ubuntu users is by means of a
PPA (https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA) so that people can
track your application updates automatically. Before the PPA is
created you need to have a launchpad account and a sign the Ubuntu
Code of Conduct. However isn't that hard and you just have to do all
this setup for the first time.

A tool that might be used to automate package creation for an
application is Quickly (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Quickly). However, if
the project development has already started, probably it won't be
useful for you.

Best regards,
    Javier