custom data warehouse in python vs. out-of-the-box ETL tool

snfctech tschmidt at sacfoodcoop.com
Wed Sep 23 12:35:14 EDT 2009

@Martin:  I originally thought that there was nothing "magical" about
building a data warehouse, but then I did a little research and
received all sorts of feedback about how data warehouse projects have
notorious failure rates, that data warehouse design IS different than
normal RDBMS - and then there's the whole thing about data marts vs.
warehouses, Kimball vs. Inmon, star schemas, EAV tables, and so on.
So I started to think that maybe I needed to get a little better read
on the subject.