easy question, how to double a variable

koranthala koranthala at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 07:14:47 EDT 2009

On Sep 21, 1:27 am, daggerdvm <dagger... at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  Write the definition of a function  twice , that receives an  int
> parameter and returns an  int that is twice the value of the
> parameter.
>
> how can i do this

Please note that most mails here are humorous - as should be expected
for a language named after Monty Python.
So, please do not get angry and do take it the way it was intended.

The main problem that everybody sees is that the code you asked is
extremely simple. This causes others to think that you have not
invested any time in getting a solution yourself. Most of us here are
>30 years old, and we know from experience that if one does not invest
time and energy in solving issues when we are young, it eventually
leads us to a very unrewarding and unhappy life in the end.

So, even though it looks to you that people are mocking you, it is not
exactly the case. If you do try to get a solution and is unable to do
so, then I am 100% sure that many many people would have provided you
the answer or the way to do so.

Also, since you are young (presumably), it would be good to understand
that if you get it into a flamewar (email or in life), it tends to end
bad for you in the end. Esp, MRAB, Carl Banks, Steven D'Aprano, Tim
Chase etc , whom you flamed, are amongst the most respected people in
this group.