Looking for a pure Python chart drawing module

Nick Craig-Wood nick at craig-wood.com
Tue Sep 22 04:29:51 EDT 2009

John Nagle <nagle at animats.com> wrote:
>  I'm looking for something that can draw simple bar and pie charts
>  in Python.  I'm trying to find a Python package, not a wrapper for
>  some C library, as this has to run on both Windows and Linux
>  and version clashes are a problem.
>
>  Here's the list from the Python wiki at
>  "http://wiki.python.org/moin/NumericAndScientific/Plotting".
>  Almost all the options are really wrappers for some other
>  package in C/C++.
[snip]
>  So, for pure Python, Pychart is it.  I'll have to try it and see if it still
>  works.

I don't think anyone has mentioned reportlab...  It can plot charts I
think, though last time I used it I plotted stuff by hand as I wanted
exact control over the layout.

I'm not sure of the dependencies though so may not be suitable for
your purposes.

http://www.reportlab.org/rl_toolkit.html