Non-deprecated equivalent of rfc822.AddressList

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Tue Sep 22 01:46:34 EDT 2009

On 21Sep2009 10:49, Jason Tackaberry <tack at urandom.ca> wrote:
| On Wed, 2009-09-16 at 14:49 -0400, Jason Tackaberry wrote:
| > Since the rfc822 module was removed in Python 3, and is deprecated in
| > 2.3, I am obviously trying to avoid using it.
| >
| > But I'm having a hard time finding an equivalent to rfc822.AddressList
| > in the email module, which I want to use to parse a _list_ of addresses:
| [...]
| > Is there some non-deprecated method I can use to parse an RFC 2822
| > address list?
|
| No takers?  Should I file a bug?

Hmm. My address gathering program starts with:

  from email.utils import parseaddr, getaddresses, formataddr

See the pydoc for email.utils; it's very easy to use.

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Reason #173 to fear technology:

    o       o       o       o       o       o      <o      <o>

    o>      o       o       o       o       o       o       o

             Mr. email does the Macarena.