pyjamas pyv8run converts python to javascript, executes under command-line

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Fri Sep 18 20:03:03 EDT 2009

On 18 Sep, 23:17, lkcl <luke.leigh... at googlemail.com> wrote:

> the pyjamas project is taking a slightly different approach to achieve
> this same goal: beat the stuffing out of the pyjamas compiler, rather
> than hand-write such large sections of code in pure javascript, and
> double-run regression tests (once as python, second time converted to
> javascript under pyv8run, d8 or spidermonkey).
>
> anyway, just thought there might be people who would be intrigued (or
> horrified enough to care what's being done in the name of computer
> science) by either of these projects.

I've added pyjamas to the implementations page on the Python Wiki in
the compilers section:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/implementation

The Skulpt implementation, already listed by Cameron Laird on his page
of Python implementations, is now also present, although using it is a
bit like using various 8-bit microcomputer emulators which assume a UK
keyboard and ignore the "replacement" keys on my own non-UK keyboard.

Paul