Looking for a pure Python chart drawing module

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid
Fri Sep 18 10:31:14 EDT 2009

On 2009-09-18, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> Grant Edwards wrote:
>> On 2009-09-16, Alan G Isaac <alan.isaac at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Tkinter is part of the Python standard library:
>>
>> That doesn't mean you can depend on it being available.  It
>> doesn't get installed by default on some Linux distros.
>
> That's 'cos some linux distros feel the need to destroy
> python's packaging

What do you mean by "Python's packaging"?  I used to build
python from sources, and tcl/tk support was optional then as
well.

> for their own silly reasons...
>
> Take them out and shoot them.

I think you're overstating that a bit.  AFAIK, when building
Python from sources, tcl/tk support has always been optional as
well.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Being a BALD HERO
                                  at               is almost as FESTIVE as a