Looking for a pure Python chart drawing module

Giacomo Boffi giacomo.boffi at polimi.it
Thu Sep 17 05:38:46 EDT 2009

John Nagle <nagle at animats.com> writes:

> gerlos wrote:
>> John Nagle ha scritto:
>>
>>> I'm looking for something that can draw simple bar and pie charts
>>> in Python.  I'm trying to find a Python package, not a wrapper for
>>> some C library, as this has to run on both Windows and Linux
>>> and version clashes are a problem.
>>>
>> Did you look at matplotlib? In their examples page there are some
>> charts like the ones you asked for. I guess it could work for you,
>> and it seems to work flawlessy in MS Windows as in gnu/linux.
>
>    That's a wrapper for Antigrain ("http://www.antigrain.com/"), which is
> a C++ library.

come on, you can configure matplotlib to use one of too many different
backends

from http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/users/customizing.html

#### CONFIGURATION BEGINS HERE

# the default backend; one of GTK GTKAgg GTKCairo CocoaAgg FltkAgg
# MacOSX QtAgg Qt4Agg TkAgg WX WXAgg Agg Cairo GDK PS PDF SVG Template
# You can also deploy your own backend outside of matplotlib by
# referring to the module name (which must be in the PYTHONPATH) as
# 'module://my_backend'
backend      : GTKAgg

--
Yes you who must leave everything that you cannot control.
It begins with your family, but soon it comes around to your soul.