overrideredirect vs. text entry etc. widget

Sean DiZazzo half.italian at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 12:06:39 EDT 2009

On Sep 15, 10:20 pm, kernus <ker... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 15, 11:42 am, Sean DiZazzo <half.ital... at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Whats interesting is that if you call overrideredirect from a button
> > command, it works as expected.  Well, at least the text entry field
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^so, Sean, you know how to *click this magic button in
> the programming way*?

Did you try it?  Did it work?

I tried, using button.invoke(), and a few less obvious ways
(self.tk.call()...), but couldn't do it programatically.  I don't
understand why manually clicking the button in the gui is any
different than calling it's function, or calling invoke().  I'd be
interested to know.

I also tried calling it from a different thread, or giving the gui
some time to initialize before calling it.  No love.  Only manually
clicking it seems to work.

I also found some documentation that clearly states "overrideredirect
might not work on some platforms."  So I guess I have one of those
platforms!

~Sean