Looking for a pure Python chart drawing module

Alan G Isaac alan.isaac at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 09:18:35 EDT 2009

> Alan G Isaac wrote:
>> There's John Zelle's graphics.py:
>> http://mcsp.wartburg.edu/zelle/python/
>> provides basic functionality.

On 9/16/2009 12:33 AM, John Nagle wrote:
> "The package is a wrapper around Tkinter". It runs Tkinter
> in a separate thread and sends commands to it.

Tkinter is part of the Python standard library:
http://docs.python.org/library/tk.html
Are you really ruling out its use for a "pure Python"
solution?

If you want a Python solution to not just create
the graphs but also to view them, it is hard to
see how you will do without this.  What exactly
are you trying to accomplish?

Alan Isaac

PS I think ReportLab can generate PDF vector graphics
even in the absence of a C compiler (which it will
use if available).