VTK install

Francesco Bochicchio bieffe62 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 08:28:23 EDT 2009

On Sep 15, 6:29 am, Gib <gib.bo... at gmail.com> wrote:
> As part of the MayaVi install, I need to install VTK.

> Since VTK appears to be installed, I'm guessing that either the path
> setting is wrong, or python is not using PYTHONPATH.  How can I check
> that PYTHONPATH is being used?

The paths in PYTHONPATH should show un sys.path python variable. So
just do from a
python prompt "import sys; sys.path" and check if the VTK directories
are listed.

You colòud aslo tentatively append your path to sys.path and then try
again import vtk
to see if it is a path problem or something else ...

Ciao
----
FB