Writing a thread-safe class

News123 news123 at free.fr
Mon Sep 14 14:33:37 EDT 2009

So what's recommended way for multicore machines?
Threads will probably only accelerate if the used C libraries are
releasing the GIL, right?

What's for example about PIL (Python Imaging library)?

Assuming, that the C library calls don't releas the GIL

Shoud I directly use use fork() and some kind of IPC? or are there some
special well established, recommendable commodity modules aiming for
rmultiprocessor job distribution?

So far I have just a single-core machine, but I'll be using a multicore
machine in the next weeks.

Then I'll probably find out

bye