numpy NaN, not surviving pickle/unpickle?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 18:58:14 EDT 2009

John Ladasky wrote:

> In my leisure time, I would like to dig deeper into the issue of why
> object identities are not guaranteed for elements in numpy arrays...
> with elements of type "float", at least, I thought this would be
> trivial.

Why do you think that? We would have to keep a reference around to every scalar
object that gets created and check against that cache whenever someone accesses
an element in order to reuse the previously created object. That slows element
access down for essentially no benefit.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."