Finite state machine in python

Banibrata Dutta banibrata.dutta at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 04:41:27 EDT 2009

For simplistic FSMs, if you want to avoid hand-coding all the transitions,
actions etc., you could consider something like Libero (
http://www.cs.vu.nl/~eliens/documents/libero/lrintr.htm), although the last
I checked Libero didn't generate Python yet (but I believe there might be
similar options available with Python, though haven't come accross
anything). Machine generated FSMs can be suboptimal for many cases though.

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 10:28 AM, CTO <debatem1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sep 12, 4:39 pm, Peng Yu <pengyu... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have see some discussion on the implementation of finite state
> > machine in python. Can somebody point to me the best way in implenting
> > an FSM in python?
> >
> > http://code.activestate.com/recipes/146262/
> >
> > Regards,
> > Peng
>
> I wrote an example of how to do it using Graphine a while back.
> Probably not the most efficient in the world, but pretty easy
> to read, and it allows you to add and remove states and transitions
> easily.

> Geremy Condra
> --

regards,