Problem with the inclusion of new files like lxml, django, numpy, etc.

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 13:19:39 EDT 2009

On 2009-09-11 11:39 AM, joy99 wrote:
> Dear Group,
>
> I am trying to download the following files,
> a) lxml,
> b) numpy,
> c) scipy, and
> d) django.
>
> I am trying to include them in C\python26\Lib
>
> But they are giving error report, as I am trying to use them by
> importing.
>
> I am using IDLE as GUI, my OS is WinXP SP2, and my Python version 2.6.
>
> If any one suggest what is the problem, I am doing?

Exactly what steps are you doing? Are you following the detailed installation
instructions for each package? You cannot just download the packages and drop
them into Lib. Exactly what errors are you seeing? Please copy-and-paste
complete error messages; do not paraphrase.

Do one package at a time, and write to each package's mailing list if you need
help installing that package.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."