How do I post to the wxPython mailing list?

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 16:22:51 EDT 2009

On Sep 8, 2:14 am, PythonAB <pyt... at rgbaz.eu> wrote:
> On 8 sep 2009, at 02:25, Neil Hodgson wrote:
>
> > PythonAB:
>
> >> I dont want to register with a google account,
> >> is there any way to use a non-gmail account?
>
> >   A Google account does not mean you have to use gmail. The Google
> > account is used to handle your interaction with Google services and
> > can
> > be used in conjunction with arbitrary email accounts. Just create a
> > Google account and set the email address to your preferred address.
>
> >   Neil
>
> No, but it means that more of my data goes into the same company.
> There's no way to use my own email accounts from my own domain,
> and I don't have a choice anymore.
>
> In other words, if i want to be able to get the wxPython list mail, I'm
> forced to use a google account, am I not? Is this the start of total
> control by google?

You can use any email you want to join the wxPython list, just as you
can do so with the Python list. You just send an email to wxPython-
users+subscribe at googlegroups.com from whatever email address you want
to use.

And Robin Dunn sent out multiple notices about the switch and why he
was doing it about a month before the switch.