hanning python

Andreas Waldenburger usenot at geekmail.INVALID
Tue Sep 8 15:54:04 EDT 2009

On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 11:12:18 -0700 (PDT) sturlamolden
<sturlamolden at yahoo.no> wrote:

> On 8 Sep, 15:08, pdpi <pdpinhe... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Come, come. I think it's a good rule that, where available, a
> > vendor- supplied implementation is the preferable choice until
> > proven otherwise.
>
> Even for the simplest of equations?

Yes. It might be implemented in some clever way that you didn't think
of, and thereby work much faster or more precisely than your own
implementation.

Or it could come with a whole library that might help you with other
tasks related to what you're doing.

And just a matter of personal opinion: I think the phrase "you are not
competent to do any scientific programming" was overly harsh. Not that
the general sentiment of "this is actually easy" shouldn't be
expressed at all, but bringing in estimations of competence based on
two sentences might hurt feelings that were in no need to be hurt.

/W

--
INVALID? DE!