Flowcharting in Python?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Sep 7 18:09:50 EDT 2009

On 2009-09-07, Justin <justinsavidge at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know of any code or projects around that are
> written in Python or can be used by Python to write a
> flowcharting application?

Have you looked at Skencil (nee Sketch)?  It's a
vector/object-oriented drawing program written in Python:

  http://www.skencil.org/

It's not really optimized for flowcharts or block diagrams
(IIRC, it doens't have any concept of connecting arcs between
polygrams), but you might be able to extend it.

> I'm beginning to think I'll have to create something from scratch.

I wouldn't think you'd have to start from scratch.  You should
at least use one of the GUI frameworks that has some sort of
canvas widget.

--

Grant