HTTPS on Twisted

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Sep 7 15:39:48 EDT 2009

On 07:20 pm, koranthala at gmail.com wrote:
>On Sep 6, 7:53 pm, koranthala <koranth... at gmail.com> wrote:
>>Hi,
>>   For a financial application,  I am creating a python tool which
>>uses HTTPS to transfer the data from client to server. Now, everything
>>works perfectly, since the SSL support comes free with Twisted.
>>   I have one problem though. As an upgrade, now, I have to send many
>>requests as the same client to the server. Many in the range of >10
>>msgs every second. Now, I am creating a separate TCP connection for
>>each and am sending the data. Is it possible to create just one SSL
>>and TCP connection and send each message over that using Twisted?
>>   I read through Twisted, but was unable to come up with the answer
>>though. Even if I have to use multiple TCP connections, is it possible
>>to have just one SSL connection?
>>
>>   I think persistent connections should be possible for TCP, but is
>>it possible is Twisted?

You can probably get persistent http connections working with
twisted.web.client (not with getPage or the other "convenience"
functions though).

The new http client which is being developed will support this in a much
simpler way.  With a bit of luck (or maybe some additional help from
people interested in a really high-quality http client), this should be
included in Twisted 9.0 which I hope will be out very soon.

Jean-Paul