platform-specific overrides of functions and class methods (expanding on imputils demo code)

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Sep 6 13:49:23 EDT 2009

lkcl wrote:
> On Aug 21, 12:58 am, a... at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) wrote:
>> In article <77715735-2668-43e7-95da-c91d175b3... at z31g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
>>
>> lkcl  <luke.leigh... at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> if somebody would like to add this to the python bugtracker, as a
>>> contribution, that would be great.  alternatively, you might like to
>>> have a word with the python developers to get them to remove the
>>> censorship on my contributions.
>> Excuse me?  What censorship?
>
>  i was ordered to cease contributing to python.

As I remember from the public discussion, you were asked to cease using
the bugtracker as a progress blog ...

> the cause was the
> provision of a port of python to run under mingw32, which passed all
> but eight of the regression tests.

and wait until you had a complete patch to submit. There is also a real
question of whether such ports should be folded into the main CPython
code base, as some have been, or maintained as separate projects, as
other have been.

tjr