Python or ActionScript 3.0

lkcl luke.leighton at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 6 11:19:46 EDT 2009

On Aug 16, 1:29 am, Douglas Alan <darkwate... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > But both python and AS 3.0 is almost identical.
>
> No, Python and ActionScript are not "almost identical".

 the AS 3.0 implementation is entirely missing declarative style of
programming: it is purely event-driven.  i.e. you cannot get an AS 3.0
"command prompt" and start executing code, you can _only_ do "stuff"
as fired off and in reaction to user-driven events [in an adobe flash/
AIR application].

 except by pyjamas developers.  http://pyjs.org

> I think the future of client-side browser programming is actuallyJavaScript, not ActionScript, though that future may morph into one
> that mostly usesJavaScriptas a virtual machine. This is the approach
> that Google Web Toolkit takes. It lets you write your client-side code
> in Java, and that is then compiled intoJavaScript.

 as does pyjamas. http://pyjs.org
 this also compiles into javascript.
 the source language: python.

 l.